Monday, June 20, 2011

Memorable Photos - Great Allegheny Passage

           Well it's been awhile, sorry.  I came back from the trip and real life resumed!  I do have all my trip photos uploaded to my Google Picasa site (found here: http://picasaweb.google.com/108300668976745126881 ).  There are 389 trip photos total and I put captions on almost every photo.  When you click the link above you will see my shared folders on Picasa.  I divided the trip photos into 2 separate folders: 1) During Trip - Great Allegheny Passage, and 2) During Trip - C&O Canal Towpath.  Of course feel free to browse any of the other folders as well. 
           Since I was unable to post many photos during the trip, I'd like to share some of my favorites now.  I will divide these "Memorable Photos" into 2 separate posts, one post for each trail.  The following photos are taken along The Great Allegheny Passage. 

Typical Camp Setup (this was at Dravo Cemetery Campground Monday morning):

Typical Trail Conditions of the Great Allegheny Passage:

The Bear In the Trail:

Beautiful Scenic Overlook of the Youghiogheny River (between Connellsville and Ohiopyle):

Scenic brook along the trail:

 The three of us outside of Meyersdale:

My Bike Loaded Up for This Trip (Camera mounted, no flashlights mounted).  I figure I had approximately 50 pounds of gear loaded on.:


Top of the Ridge:

Part of the profile of the trail showing the downhill into Cumberland (dropping 1787' in elevation in 22 miles):

 Self Portrait:

 Big Savage Tunnel (complete with vandalism):

 The beautiful scenic overlook on the south side of the Big Savage Tunnel (this is a large photo stitched together from a couple photos - see the original photo on Picasa for more detail):

Phil & I at the Mason-Dixon Line:

The Zero Mile Marker for the Great Allegheny Passage in Cumberland, MD:

Stay tuned for the memorable photos from the C&O Canal Towpath!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any Comments?